Sunday, November 15, 2009

Tuck--the scavenger!

We've had Tuck since he was 5 weeks old--he is now 15! Got him along with his brother, Zach ( Zach passed away about 6 years ago from cancer). So Tuck in his old age has decided to learn some new tricks! Earlier this week I cooked a turkey--they were on sale so I said why not? I ate one of the legs for dinner & threw the bones into the garbage under the sink. I heard a noise a while later & went out there to investigate--Tuck had opened the cupboard, gotten into the garbage can ( the leg had to have been down about 6 inches, gotten it out without tipping over the can and was happily munching on the turkey! Never has done anything like this before....
As you can see, he loves his creature comforts........loves to be warm--he even curls up behind the woodstove to sleep!




6 comments:

Sue said...

That's what I love about cats - their face reflects their absolute pleasure in indulging in creature comforts. I believe I was once a cat.

Funny how old cats exhibit different behavior, I think it's something like senility. Hope he enjoys the rest of his old age in relative comfort.

Isla Deb said...

What a character! (I can see Nutter doing the garbage can thing, too.) I love the second picture with his paws on the pillow (or whatever it is). Talk about the epitome of comfort!

Ann said...

Thanks for the comments.
Sue--he is a little senile--is a great hunter outside and inside he stalks his catnip mice & picks them up & walks around with them howling like he just caught the best one!

IslaZina said...

Well, a cat with a dog's heart and mind! I mean, that was so doggie of her!

Anonymous said...

Sweet photos!

Linda
aka Isla Chica

Bennie said...

I love the baby pics and the more current pics. Smart cat to get that turkey leg after you trying to hide it so well. Go Tuck!