Sunday, November 22, 2009

Along the Connecticut River

Yesterday I went to the State Fair Assoc. fall meeting --it was held at St. Clement's Castle in Portland, CT. The weather was beautiful, so we had the opportunity to be outside during all the breaks we had and at lunch time. I'm sure if we had been there a few weeks earlier the colors on the trees would have been spectacular!


The view in this picture below is where they are planning to put in a marina.

From the lawn, looking down thr river--they have many weddings here--I'm sure it's an excellent setting for one ( but pretty pricey!)


A few more shots of the river. We were so fortunate that it was up in the mid 50's to 60 & sunny--for mid November that pretty unusual! I have photos from inside & around the Castle & will be sharing those during the week....



















2 comments:

Isla Deb said...

What a beautiful area! I see all the leaves are off the trees there. My windows are all open tonight. :-/

Bennie said...

What beautiful pictures. I may just have to go on a New England Vacation again someday. It was 10 years ago when I took my Mom and Aunt on the big Leaf Peeper trip up there. We did all the states in a 2 week trip.