Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Some Surprises in the Garden

I went out to rake leaves this afternoon & uncovered some surprises--flowers & veggies just growing in the yard! This ancho pepper is the 1st one that has grown on the plant all summer long! And the toad lilies have started to bloom......
And it was quite a surprise to see a new flower on the clematis--the plant has grown twice as large as in the past & there are several flowers waiting to bloom--hope they do before a hard frost.


This one fully opened today!





5 comments:

Isla Deb said...

Gorgeous macros, Ann. Geez, you'd think it was Spring out there with all those blooms!

Life's a Beach! said...

Ann, those are some amazing surprises!

Sue said...

So pretty, glad you got to see them before winter. I remember our garden in Canada - some final tomatoes would show up just in time to harvest before the frost. I love the clematis plant, wish we could have it here but I don't think it would like the soil or the climate.

Ann said...

Deb--it's definitely not spring here! The temp is hovering at 35 right now & it's 11 am!
Becky--thanks!
Sue- You should try one--I think they like warm weather. Ifound a tomatillo plant growing in my garden a few weeks ago--I haven't planted them for a few years--figure a bird carried the seeds--I know one neighbor that grew them this year!

Jackie said...

I am trying to figure out why that one flower is called a Toad Lillie?
Funny how that pepper is such a late arrival.