Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Nova Scotia Tattoo

I went on a bus trip with my Mom a few years ago to Nova Scotia ( what a long ride!) The highlight of the trip was the Nova Scotia Tattoo- from their website---
Featuring over 2,000 world-class Canadian and international military and civilian performers, the Tattoo continues to live up to its reputation as one of the world's premiere cultural and entertainment events.
The Tattoo strikes a unique balance, featuring pipes and drums, military and civilian bands, historic re-enactments, dancers, acrobats, choirs, military displays and competitions, drama and comedy in a number of innovative acts, in a fast-paced two and a half hour family show. The Tattoo is held annually at the Halifax Metro Centre during the first week of July.

The precision of the bands is amazing--I saw a few videos on YouTube, but didn't link any--have a look at some. We went to the Citadel & the cemetary where some Titanic victims are buried--Halifax was interesting.
My maternal Grandmother was from Halifax & my Dad spent summers there when he was growing up; this was my 1st trip there. We took "the Cat" back to Bar Harbor, but still a very long bus ride. I'd love to go back, but by a different mode of transportation!

3 comments:

Roadfood & Eateries said...

A little Canadian blood line is good for you.
I have never been to Nova Scotia but we talk about going just never seem to make it.

Ann said...

Thanks, Doug--I still have relatives up there, Mom is in touch w/them!

Bennie said...

I've wanted to go to Halifax for years. We have a contract coming up there soon but I'm sure it will be in the winter and not sure I want to be there in the winter. I think it would be so nice to see where the Titanic passengers were burried.