Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Latest Sculpture at the Vistalmar

Do you remember the abstract piece from last year and the wonderful shell fountain from 2008? Hope so, because I went to look for photos of them & couldn't find them! I know I have them, but there's too many pictures to look through! Here's this years--a tree made out of coconuts!
It was made by Mark --he lives at the Vistalmar about 6 months of the year & does these interesting objects d'art! I heard he's thinking of doing a mosaic on one of the walls on the 3rd floor with all the seaglass he's collected!

4 comments:

Life's a Beach! said...

I know Mark. He's a great guy! I didn't know he collected seaglass too! Love this years sculpture! (I'm assuming it may have been his Christmas creation?)

Ann said...

I'm sure it was, but was still up when we were there in Jan. & will probably still be there when you go in July! he is a great guy!

Vee said...

Love the coconut tree - what a concept! And I know what you mean about looking for photos. I try to be organized, but damn - it's difficult!

Life's a Beach! said...

Ann, it'll probably be there next Christmas! : ) I missed seeing Mark in November. Guess he hadn't arrived yet.