Saturday, March 13, 2010

Flowers on Isla

I love hibiscus and there are beautiful ones growing in the courtyard at Maria del Mar. I always make a point of walking around in the pool area & taking some photos.I also saw some pretty hibiscus along the road that bisects NaBalam--on the pool side of the street.
Not sure where I took the rest of these--I just like looking at them. It's pouring rain here & very windy--Good possibility we could lose our power later today--got the woodstove going!





Saw this also in the courtyard at MdM---growing off a palm tree--anybody tell me what it is?







6 comments:

Jane said...

Very pretty photos. It's nice to see that more and more flowering plants are appearing on Isla. Would like to see more bougainvillea tumbling over walls.

Life's a Beach! said...

I don't know the name of that particular palm, but the berries on it are beautiful when it flowers. The palms are so perfect they almost look fake. They used to have that variety of palm planted along Hidalgo, but I don't remember if they're still there since the street was repaved. I have photos of those same palms in Kauai.

Kimberly said...

I love love love the third one down. I really want to get to know the name of flowers, because I want an extensive garden some day.

Beautiful photos.

Ann said...

Thanks!

Isla Deb said...

I agree about the flowers on Isla, Ann. I saw some beautiful ones in Puerto Morelos which I'll post when I get around to it. Great photos!

Jackie said...

Very pretty photos. I asked once what the berries were on the palm and was told that whatever they are they are poisonous.