Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Fair Food--the Preview!

People have started moving their food concessions in, so I thought I'd walk around and see what's here so far....Leo's Luch--this vendor has been at the Goshen Fair for over 50 years ( 2 different owners) and is the only one that's allowed to open on Thurs & Fri night to serve the workers & exhibitors that are bringong in their exhibits. i think some Goshenites just come up to visit on Friday night! Don't know if that will happen this year--Fri is when Hurricane Earl is supposed to hit CT--but we are in the extreme NW corner of the state so it won't be as bad here as at the shore ( fingers crossed!)

Fair People Onion Rings--about the only fried food I eat during the fair--can't resist these!



Anew vendor this year--will have to try! I eat alot over the course of the 3 day fair, but try to do alot of walking around, so don't usually gain much!



On a hot day these sundaes hit the spot!




More to come!




2 comments:

Jackie said...

I have not been to a fair in ages. I can see that the variety of food fair probably has improved over those years.

I hope Earl doesn't cause problems for the fair goers.

Sandia said...

Oh yes, my little sister and I split an onion ring platter, then split handmade french fries with malt vinegar from Art's and usually top it off by splitting a sausage grinder from Nodine's....but we don't split the beer we drink to wash it all down!We have it down to a science-LOL. See you there Ann, I'm driving Brian's Jeep in case the parking is muddy...Sandia