Friday, September 24, 2010

Another Beautiful Fall Day

Started out very foggy --this is at the end of our driveway looking up the hill.
 Luckily it didn't take long for the fog to burn off--was still slightly overcast, but that's OK.  I had to drive a few towns away to pick up dog food ( heaven forbid we would run out while I wasn't home to go get more!)  had to pass by a favorite garden shop, so I stopped in to take a few shots...
 They had wonderful beds full of zinnias, coneflowers, mums and many other interesting flowers...like this one...
 And this --never have seen this type before & couldn't find a sign on it that identified it--will have to check on it.
 A close up of the bloom

5 comments:

Life's a Beach! said...

Ann, I wish I was looking at those colors. I wonder if there'll be any fall foliage in Chicago next week? I kind of doubt it. If I remember right, the second week in October is about the peak in New England. I took a couple of wonderful trips in the early 90's to see the leaves in Vermont with my aunt. Good times!

Jackie said...

Colors are changing her too.I noticed it several weeks ago which seemed pretty early.

Sue said...

That fog picture is great - you should enter it next year. And once upon a time I knew the name of that flower but right now it escapes me.

kcope14 said...

i have those on my deck will show when you get here tumbelia or something they are called

Linda said...

I love the fog!

Those trumpet-like flowers are neat!

Linda
Isla Chica