Tuesday, August 24, 2010

A Baking Day

Was a cool and rainy day yesterday so I thought I'd bake some cookies. Found a new peanut butter cookie recipe recently and decided to try it. It's a 1950's Bisquick recipe--only has Bisquick, peanut butter, sweetened condensed milk & vanilla
Makes about 4 doz. cookies!
1-2-3 chewy peanut butter cookies
1c. peanut butter
1 can ( 14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk
2 c. Bisquick mix
1 tsp. vanilla
2 T. sugar
heat oven to 375 F. In a large bowl mix peanut butter and milk. Stir in Bisquick and vanilla until blended.
Shape dough into 1 1/4 inch balls. Roll tops in sugar. On a ungreased cookie sheet, place balls sugar side up, 2 inches apart. Flatten in crisscross pattern with fork dipped in sugar.
Bake 7-9 minutes or until centers are set and bottoms are light golden brown. Do not overbake. Remove from cookie sheet to cooling rack. Cool 15 minutes.

4 comments:

Life's a Beach! said...

Ann, you're killing me! Rain AND cookies -- two things I'm dying for right now! Great post!

Ann said...

It's like fall here--at least for now!
Thnaks, Becky!

Kimberly said...

I love love loved peanut butter cookies until I was 14 years old and tried to devour 3 dozen cookies. I wasn't able to stand the smell of peanut butter for over 30+ years. I look at them longingly at the local bakery, because I'd just like to try them, because I miss them. Maybe next week.

For now, I'm just going to gaze at your gorgeous pictures.

Ann said...

Thanks, Kim--I have a phobia like that for iced tea. Got sick on it over 50 years ago--now I can't get it past my lips--but I drink hot tea all the time!