Thursday, February 11, 2010

Shells & Sea Glass

Most mornings I tried t get to Media Luna beach for sunrise and shelling. I would see Cuda Bill ( he stays at the Vistalmar) most every day. These are photos of a portion of my stash!
Not sure what these shells are called--the ridged ones with the hole in the center--but I found many more than past years. And there were many more sea urchins, too. I found a few large shells, but mostly little ones.


I thought I took a photo of the larger ones, but can't find--I think I still have some pictures I haven't downloaded--will have to check.





6 comments:

Life's a Beach! said...

Gorgeous! Makes me want to be there! Not sure how I'll make it to July.

Ann said...

I'm thinking about July myself--Gaby graduates from HS & we've talked about how nice it would be to be able to be there....

Linda J said...

You may enjoy becoming a member of Seaglasslovers, the largest online community on the net dedicated to Sea Glass Collectors of the world.

Over 3400 members sharing 15,000 sea glass and beach photos, Craft and Display ideas, Shard Id, Sea Glass Anatomy, Sea Glass Color Wheel, beach locations and so SO much more!

Membership is free to all and we are a Non Jewelry and Non Agenda site.

Mermaid's Purse said...

Nice looking bit of stash there. The shell that you didn't know the name of is called a "Volcano Limpet". It's a nice looking one! Your bits of sea glass are respectable also...did I sea a cobalt blue in there? Finding treasures from the sea is so....so satisfying. I conjures up wonderings of where did these come from, how far have they traveled, and how special you are that some mermaid tossed them ashore just for you to find. Very cool. Your pics are great. Happy hunting!

Fair Winds and Calm Seas, Deborah Leon www.mermaidspurseseaglass.com

Ann said...

Thank you Linda & Mermaids purse!

Isla Deb said...

Great stash, Ann! Makes mine look pretty puny. Guess I'll have to go back for more, darn it all.