Sunday, February 14, 2010

Gaby & her Family

I hadn't planned to do this post, but the fire this weekend that totally destroyed their house has kept them on my mind alot. I thought I could share some of my photos & Gaby's with you. Last year for her birthday, we ( Alan & I & JoAnne & Tim) got Gaby a digital camera. She has made good use of it--and hadn't deleted many photos from the card. When we saw her this past month I said "why don't I upload your photos to my computer & then I can print them & send back to you?" So I did & now they aren't all lost!
Gaby's dad, Honorio perusing the menu at Seso Loco's( Gaby's photo) Marilyn with her new pjs & teddy bear ( Gaby's)
Their home--now a - not even a pile of rubble remains..... (Gaby's)



Honorio, Adela & Marilyn ( Gaby's photo)

Gaby & me at Seso Loco's





Marilyn





Gaby





Felipe, Maggie, Alan, Tim, Marilyn, Adela, Ann, Gaby, JoAnne and Honorio






Gaby taking photos & her dad reading the menu










Adela and Gaby--I hope this helps put some faces to the names that you've been hearing this weekend when you've read about the horrific fire that happened on Isla.











15 comments:

Moongrl722 said...

Thank you so much for posting. I'm so glad that you still have Gaby's photos. My heart goes out to the families who lost their homes and from what I hear, Gaby and her family lost everything.

Vee said...

Thanks, Ann. We are thinking of Gaby and Marbella, the student we help sponsor, and will do what we can to help them get through this tragedy.

Sandia said...

I've been thinking of them all too. It was great talking with you this morning. I hope that they are able to get back on their feet soon. Let me know if you want me to bring anything down- Sandia

Ann said...

Thanks to all of you!

Jane said...

God bless you and your extended family!

Life's a Beach! said...

Thanks for posting that Ann! It makes the fire personal. God bless all those families suffering right now and I hope people donate generously.

JoAnne in CT said...

Thanks for such a beautiful post, Ann... my heart is broken for Gaby's family and all the others who lost everything.

Anonymous said...

Ann, We're going down on the 28th if I can bring anything for you, let me know.

Judy "Island Nana"

Isla Deb said...

These were wonderful photos, Ann. My prayers go out to them.

Jackie said...

I donated today. My money and others should make it to Isla soon thanks to Jana and the scholarship program's bank account.

IslaZina said...

Wow! Thanks for posting that. It really personalizes it. Even though I know two other families similary affected, I could not get to their property. And those families have relatives who are doing pretty well, so it doesn't feel as critical. Didn't.

Anonymous said...

Prayers for all affected by this fire.

Linda
Isla Chica

jeanie said...

This is a wonderful post Ann.

Ann said...

Thanks to all of you for your comments --gaby and her family are so close to our hearts!

Mark Kessler said...

That's great that you have these pictures saved for her. When we first started this program I had a student named Lucero. The first time I met her she took me to her home. She showed me her photo album... one album... and it had all her pictures in it. Her whole life was in this ONE photo album. I can't imagine how terrible it would be to lose all that in a fire!