Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Garrafon Zipline

We had convinced friends from nearby that they'd like to come to Isla--they came for a week in the middle of our vacation. Did a tour around the island one day with the 1st stop being the Garrafon Zipline overlook. We were lucky that there were people trying it out! The ocean was a little rough .... Starting out

Two people out there at the same time( on different legs)

This woman got stuck & an employee had to go out & pull her in--he started out hand over hand but then flipped & did it with his feet!



She didn't go any further on the zipline!






4 comments:

Life's a Beach! said...

Ann, I always wanted to try those Garrafon zips, but after having to do them in that Baja river canyon with a 400 foot drop,I'm not sure the Garrafon zips would be much of a thrill. Actually, they might be fun instead of frightening, which is a good thing!

Sandia said...

Hey Ann- did Alan go on the Zip Line? LOL...38 days for us....

Jackie said...

No way would I risk my safety on something that may not be well maintained. I mean it is sitting over salt water for crying out loud.

Isla Deb said...

Great pictures, as usual, Ann. I tried to go out there on the tower to take some pictures, but the guards wouldn't let me. Oh, well.