Sunday, August 2, 2009

So Happy July is over!

What a month it was! Connecticut got 3 times the normal rainfall for the month --approx 11 1/2 inches! In June we had to put one of our cats to sleep unexpectedly & last week we found out Rafe has Lyme disease...... Luckily it's treatable & he's great about taking pills--the course of treatment is very similar to humans--I had it about 5 years ago--just take antibiotics. But we also found out he's a little overweight--weighs 111 lbs! So he's now on different food & less of it! That's tough--he's a Lab & loves to eat!

4 comments:

Life's a Beach! said...

So sorry Ann about the cat and Rafe! I'm kind of like Rafe -- I need to eat less food and that's hard for me. Ha! I'm glad July is over too. We've had so many excessive heat warning days, and today is one more. I'm counting down the summer days and hoping for some more rain here. The monsoon just literally evaporated with all the extreme temps. It's been a weird summer all over the U.S.!

Bennie said...

I love the picture of Rafe. I hate to hear about the lime disease and loosing one of your cats. Let's hope August is much better for the family.

Isla Deb said...

Sorry to hear about your cat...and Rafe's lime disease. He looks like such a sweetie. You've had too much rain and we haven't had nearly enough. Too bad this world can't even itself out.

Ann said...

Becky, Bennie & Deb--thanks for the kind words. Lyme disease at least is something that can be dealt with....the rain--that's another story!