Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Another batch of Jam...

Was made on Saturday! This time it was Plum--one of the easiest because you don't have to peel the plums.....
I use a steam canner instead of boiling water bath--much quicker--it seals by the steam of boiling water rather than covering the jars in water ( this pan does have a cover --I had just taken it off) . Then you get to listen to the lids pop!
On Monday I made 2 more--Strawberry -Banana and Strawberry-Pineapple--need 6 different kinds to enter a collection of jams at the fair ( 1 jar of 6 kinds)--I'm on my way to that......


1 comment:

Bennie said...

I have never made plum jam. That sounds good. Maybe I should have taken home economics. My idea of cooking is pouring water in a coffee pot.

The banana/strawberry sounds good. I am sure you will get your 6 kinds in time for the fair.