Sunday, August 30, 2009

Grrrrrr...trying to do a post & I can't get it right!

And now to add insult to injury, this didn't post when I scheduled it to! I tried to post this from my new computer & it wouldn't post--so I check on another one & there it is!

(Done on Sat 8/29) This is the way my day has been going! Went to the fairground this morning & found that someone have inadvertently unplugged the answering machine....it's nice not to have lots of calls to return, but not at this time of year.
Now I've been trying to copy the photo of a book to recommend--not having much luck.
I just finished reading " When Crickets Cry" by Charles Martin. Wonderful book! The synopsis from the publisher's website:

A man with a painful past. A child with a doubtful future. And a shared journey toward healing for both their hearts.
It begins on the shaded town square in a sleepy Southern town. A spirited seven-year-old has a brisk business at her lemonade stand. Her latest customer, a bearded stranger, drains his cup and heads to his car, his mind on a boat he's restoring at a nearby lake. But the little girl's pretty yellow dress can't quite hide the ugly scar on her chest. The stranger understands more about it than he wants to admit. And the beat-up bread truck careening around the corner with its radio blaring is about to change the trajectory of both their lives.
Before it's over, they'll both know there are painful reasons why crickets cry...and that miracles lurk around unexpected corners.

I have read one other book by him ( Wrapped in Rain--read it on Isla in Jan. ) and already have another in my pile.

6 comments:

Life's a Beach! said...

Ann, I think Blogspot has its quirky days! I published a post about a month ago and it disappeared into thin air. I looked through my entire blog to see if it had published on a wrong date or been saved in a draft, but no luck! Thanks for the book recommendation!

Isla Deb said...

Don't you hate it when that happens!? That sounds like a great book...I'll put it on my list!

Jackie said...

I almost ordered that book the last time I was online at Barnes & Noble. Now I know I will next time. Thanks.

Ann said...

I hope you all will enjoy it! I'm trying hard not to buy rvery book I want to read, instead I go to the library. I very rarely read a book twice, so it makes sense. And I look on bookcloseouts.com for good deals....I could spend lots on books ever week!

Vee said...

Ann, I missed this post till now. Thanks for the reading recommendation. I will check it out!

Bennie said...

I know what you mean about not having a bunch of voicemails to return. But you also feel that sinking feeling of did I miss a call that was very important. I'm glad you caught it and got back on-line. I know what it's like to have those days.