Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Perfume garden lilies

I purchased these lilies ( called perfumed garden oriental lily mix)earlier this year from White Flower Farm--they had a special on the bulbs--10 or 12 for $10.00--their things are usually quite a bit more! I bought 2 bags--the light pink ones bloomed 1st
Then the darker red, and yesterday the white one bloomed. there are still quite a few that haven't opened yet--they have a nice light scent and all average 6-7 inches across. Will have to take an overview photo to get as many of them in it as I can.

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Sue said...

My daughter used those lilies in her wedding - they were laid as centerpieces and in her bouquet. They were so fragrant and just beautiful - one of my favorite flowers. I bet your garden smells wonderful.

Isla Deb said...

They are just beautiful...you have a wonderful garden. I especially love the first shot where the background flowers are not in focus...very nice!

Life's a Beach! said...

Beautiful Ann! I miss flowers like that! (They don't do very well in Phoenix -- ha!)