Monday, August 10, 2009

And more jammin'

We had one day last week that was perfect for making jam--dry & sunny & not too hot! So I decided to make a few more batches of jam since I already had picked & frozen the berries.This the start of red raspberry--my favorite. ( Also made black raspberry) All the berries have been crushed & are ready to add the sugar.

Mixing the sugar with the berries--then you start to cook it.
Bring it to a full boiling boil.......
And this is what you get. I'm up to 9 different kinds now!Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Isla Deb said...

Yum! Looks delicious! And such a pretty color. Wish I could taste some!

Life's a Beach! said...

Your jams look so beautiful! My grandmother used to make fresh strawberry pies and strawberry jam. It was all wonderful! That fair is just around the corner!

Moongrl722 said...

Oh, yummy! Jam/jelly making is becoming a lost art. My Grandmother used to make all kinds...peach (my fave) and prickly pear come to mind. We'd slather it on her homemade biscuits...mmmmm.

Ann said...

I didn't start making jams & pickles til I got married ( probably not til my 40's) I remember going down to the basement at my Grandmothers to get jars full of pickles & stuff--now that's what my cellar looks like!