Sunday, December 13, 2009

The Book Signing--The Pioneer Woman, Ree Drummond

I left my house at 6:15 AM yesterday to drive to JoAnne's for our trip into New York City for Ree Drummond's book signing of her Pioneer Woman cookbook. It was very cold! ( 16 at my house). We got to the train station & the 1st one to come along wasn't the express, but we were freezing so we got on! On route 8 driving to JoAnnes
Got to Grand Central Station & went outside & got a cab....the cabbie drives awhile & stops--he says " I'm new & I think this is the right area, I'm going to go ask" It was --only needed to go another block or so. Walked into Chelsea Market and way down to the end where the bookstore was--it was 10:20 and the signing was scheduled for 11--about 50-75 people already in line.
The young lady in the plaid shirt was from new Haven (CT) and we had delightful conversations with all the people around us--several found "small world" connections






The signing was at Posman Books--an independent bookseller with 2 locations in NYC--what a great sore--happy to see them doing good business while we waited!

They let people in in groups of 10. Ree looked great & was very gracious. She took time to talk to, have pictures taken with everyone that came through the line--it was definitely worth going to! She had someone there that would take your camera & take photos of you & was also taking photos for her--maybe we'll end up on her blog!




JoAnne & Ree






Me & Ree









JoAnne, Ree & me



More photos of NYC & Chelsea Market to come...







6 comments:

Jackie said...

Sounds like you had a good time.

Ann said...

We did. I'm glad she asked me if I wanted to go--I never would have done it on my own!

Farmer's Daughter said...

Hey, I saw you guys! I remember thinking your friend looked like a friend of mine! Small world :)

Everydaywoman said...

I was there, too! What a great day! Just loved Ree!

I've giving away an autographed cookbook at my site. Swing on by!

Isla Deb said...

Wow...sounds like a great time! Glad you guys were able to make it despite the cold temps!

jeanie said...

What a great day! Ree was on Bonnie Hunt last week and I tuned in just to hear her voice.

BTW the Christmas tree in Friday's post is hilarious! A true Charlie Brown tree.