Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Roses

Now that there's a little hint of spring in the air I have started thinking about flowers. I love roses! I have several bushes in my yard, but also love to go to Elizabeth Park
http://www.elizabethpark.org/ in Hartford, CT. It has the oldest rose garden in the US. The planting grew from 100 bushes to the two and a half acre garden of some 15,000 bushes that is the center piece of Elizabeth Park and is known throughout the world. I can't wait for rose season to be able to go & take photos of all the different colors of flowers. They also have a perrenial garden. I will be looking for more of my pictures of these gorgeous diplays!
This is one of my favorite shots! I love the variety of shades of pinks & beiges & peaches!




6 comments:

Bennie said...

I'm so ready for spring and I see you are too... I didn't know about that rose garden in Hartford. If I'm ever in that area I'll have to go see it.

Life's a Beach! said...

Bee-youuu-ti-ful roses Ann!

Ann said...

Thanks! Bennie--the best time for viewing the roses is late may -June--Rose weekend is in mid June, but they also have perrenials that go all season long! I will be going this year in June so you will see many more photos!

Bennie said...

I may just need to plan a trip some summer up there. I've been in the Fall, Winter and Spring. Just never quite made the summer. I have no idea why they thought Winter as a good time to send me up there on Business. I think it was a cruel joke.

Anonymous said...

The pink roses are beautiful!

Doug (aka Doogan) said...

You sure do capture some wonderful shots. Love your blogs.