Monday, March 30, 2009

Quilts at the State Fair meeting

Saturday I went to our State Fair Assoc. spring meeting. All the fairs( approx 50 )send representatives to hear speakers & have workshops--one was about communicating in the 21st century using blogger, myspace, facebook & Utube! All of the individual fair send their quilt winners ( applique & patchwork) to this event to compete to win the state title. The etries from my fair took 1st in the patchwork & 2nd in the applique--here's a look at a few of them.... Not sure if this one won anything, but I liked it!


This was the applique winner by Donna Thomas--more photos can be seen at



3 comments:

Life's a Beach! said...

Love that red and white one! And all of them. Beautiful photos Ann!

Ann said...

They were all beautiful! I can't imagine having the patience to do this incredible work! The 2 women that were our fair entrants are mother & daughter & each do one quilt a year....

Isla Deb said...

I love quilt shows! I agree with you...I would never have the patience to do it. The detail on some of them can be amazing. Great photos.