Monday, March 9, 2009

Conservatory of Flowers, San Francisco

I have been fortunate that over the years I have been able to travel & see alot of the United States--I think at last count I've been to 39 states & Puerto Rico. Just added Alaska last summer! One of my favorite cities ( after Boston) is San Francisco. I've been there once a decade for the last 4 decades! Every time we go , we delight in the new things we find & the familiar places we revisit. Golden Gate Park is one of those & the Conservatory of Flowers is a favorite within the park.http://www.conservatoryofflowers.org/ My husband hates big cities, but he has said " if he was told he had to move to a city of more than 500,000 he would move to San Francisco in a heartbeat!"

The conservatory opened in 1879 and most recently had major work done after severe wind damage in 2003.

There are a variety of plants from a 100 year old philodendron to aqautic plants --approx. 1700 in all--a must see if you go to San Francisco!




3 comments:

Life's a Beach! said...

I love San Francisco. One of the few drawbacks to moving there would be the price of housing! I know it's come down a little in the last two years, but we looked into it a few years back and it was astronomical! Very nice photos Ann!

Ann said...

Thanks, Becky! We never really considered moving there, but do love to visit!

Bennie said...

San Francisco is such a great city. These are great pictures.