Sunday, March 1, 2009

Is it Thankgiving time already?

Just happened to look out the patio door & saw a flock of turkeys under the bird feeder. They are predicting up to 8+ inches of snow for us tonight so I guess they are stocking up! Thought the feathers were interesting....
They are very skittish--very jumpy--I'm surprised they travel in a pack. Between the ones by the feeder & on the lawn, there were approx. 12. The dog finally noticed them & started barking so they ran off into the trees. A few minutes later I saw a few of them ( or new ones coming back.) When they took off into the trees I went out with my camera--there was a total of about 25-30 of them! A couple had their feathers opened in a fan, but I couldn't get close enough in the trees to get a good shot...will keep watching!

On the front lawn...


1 comment:

Life's a Beach! said...

Beautiful Ann! :) Turkey and stuffing sounds pretty good right now!