Monday, March 23, 2009

Marginal Way, Ogunquit, Maine

This is a beautiful spot on the coast of so. Maine. It starts( or ends) in Perkins Cove and goes
1 1/4 miles to Ogunquit Beach. There are benches along the way & the path is paved. I have been on it in 3 seasons of the year ( only missed it in winter)





In Perkins Cove there are lots of little boutique type shops and a few restaurants. At the other end it's a short walk to motels, restaurants and Ogunquit Beach.


A little side note : Last night we went out to eat with some friends that just recently got engaged. They were in Ogunquit last summer ( stayed at a hotel at the Ogunquit end of the Marginal Way--) & went in a jewelry store--she saw a ring that she loved; unbeknowst to her; he went back & bought the ring & surprised her with it last weekend!










11 comments:

Bennie said...

What beautiful pictures.

Ann said...

Another place to put on your list for when you come back to NE? Thanks!

Life's a Beach! said...

Ann, my friends and I were in Ogunquit on our little tour through Maine five years ago. We stayed at a B&B on one end and had lobster in a great restaurant in Perkins Cove. We got up and walked the beach in the morning. Great memories! Love the photos Ann!

Ann said...

Doing these posts is helping me to remeber all the great places there are to see in NE!

Anonymous said...

The Cliff House is not at the end of the Marginal Way. It is actually not even in Ogunquit (is in York). Peace.

Anonymous said...

Looks like a nice place to visit. I have ony been to Maine once and that was when I was about 12 years old.

Anonymous said...

this is a test Ann

Anonymous said...

another test:-((
carl/debbie

Ann said...

It's OK, Carl!
Thanks, Margaret, for the info! I guess I messed up the name because I'm sure they said in Ogunquit!

Isla Deb said...

I LOVE Maine!! Thanks for the little mini-trip!

Islagringo said...

I love all the strange, unpronounceable to midwesterners, names of the east.