Sunday, March 27, 2011

Quilts!

I spent part of the day yesterday at our State ( CT ) Fair Association meeting.  One thing that is done at the spring meeting is the winning quilts from all the fairs around the state are brought to the meeting & judged against each other.
 These are just some of the beautiful quilts that were entered.  We were told that they only had about half the number of quilts that were entered last year!

 Aren't they beautiful?  I can only imagine the countless hours that are put in to turn out these masterpieces!
 close up of one....


 Another close up

10 comments:

JIM said...

nice work.. I love photographing patterns but I usually crop down like your last image.

karenwl said...

Thanks for a beautiful, beautiful post.

Life's a Beach! said...

Wow! I'd never have the patience for quilting. My favorite is the third photo!

sulekkha said...

Amazing pictures of equally amazing quilts.Loved them, thanks for sharing.

Viqi said...

These are all quite lovely. Very nice of you to capture & share them online, too!

My grandmother made sweet quilts similar to these, but they seem to have "disappeared" over the years. Such a shame ... sure wish we still had one to hold and cherish.

Ann said...

Thanks to all who took the time to comment! I know I'd never have the aptience to make quilts! I used to sew & crochet alot, but haven't for awhile. Need to start sewing again!

Vee said...

Beautiful quilts, Ann. Thanks so much for sharing photos!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous quilts-my favorite is in photo #4. I have no patience for such long term projects but I think I would enjoy a quilting circle get together. I'd be happy to be the recipient of any of these quilts.
Diane

Kimberly Gauthier, Dog Nutrition Blogger for Keep the Tail Wagging said...

These are fantastic. The gold one in the first picture is my favorite. The blue star is my second favorite. I love it.

Ann said...

Thanks to all for taking the time to comment--it is appreciated!