Thursday, March 31, 2011

If Wishes were Horses..

This week Ree Drummond Pioneer Woman is having a photo assignment with horse pictures. I like to enter if I have or can take some photos. None of the horses in our area are out & about yet so I went looking on my computer for some older shots.


These were mostly all taken on the street where I live. There are several boarding stables here & and used to be a string of polo ponies too ( they got moved to FL a few years ago.) All but the draft horses were taken with a film camera.


 On wobbly legs!
 Another perspective of the previous group of horses.
 Happened to be out one day & saw this beautiful group of draft horses. 
I couldn't get the rhyme out of my head, so I found the words....

"If wishes were horses then beggars would ride,

If turnips were swords I'd have one by my side.

If 'ifs' and hands were pots and pans

There would be no need for tinkers hands"

10 comments:

jackie said...

How cute is the little back and white pony? Too cute! I really like the one with the reflections.

Ann said...

Thanks, jackie--it was fun hunting down these old photos!

JoAnne in CT said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the reflection one!!

Ann said...

Thanks, Jo!

JIM said...

love them all but especially 2 & 3 great job...

http://jpweddingphotograpy.blogspot.com/2011/03/unofficial-first-day-of-spring-day-of.html

couzin frank said...

Ann...can not tell you how much I enjoy your blog....CF

Mari Sterling Wilbur said...

Lovely photos! That little black and white colt is to die for!!! Would love to own that little guy.

Mari

http://www.mariscamera.blogspot.com/

Life's a Beach! said...

Great photos Ann! I stayed at my cousin's Morgan horse ranch last July while he was gone. He asked me to take some photos of a new colt and I couldn't believe how hard it was to get a decent shot!

Ann said...

What a nice thing to wake up to on an otherwise crappy day--lots of great comments and not as much snow as predicted!

Sue said...

Beautiful photos and like others, I love the one with the reflections. I'd frame it!