Friday, March 18, 2011

Decluttering......

I am a saver.  I read alot of magazines & 2 newspapers a day.  I have always collected recipes and articles that interested me.  It a hard habit to break-- much of what I have saved could now be found with a few clicks on the internet!

So I decided I need to start throwing stuff out!  But going through it all is a daunting task!
I am making headway.....but as you can see I have 30+ years of stuff to go through....I stop & look & reminisce ...there are pamphlets from college ( I graduated 41 yrs. ago!) and lots I collected when I was teaching ( I was a Home Ec teacher for awhile), but I'm determined to clean out at least half of what I have!  Wish me luck!

6 comments:

IslaZina said...

Good luck! You saved those things to learn from them. When you judge them for clutter, I suggest you ask if there is anything in them that you don't already know! Really, you probably acquired it along the way and if not, it's on the web!

Ann said...

Thanks, Zina!

Kimberly Gauthier, Dog Nutrition Blogger for Keep the Tail Wagging said...

So when you finished with your decluttering you have to tell me if you breath easier. I always fine that I breath so much easier when I clean out my closet (and the rest).

Ann said...

I think doing closets is much easier than sorting through paper...If I haven't worn in a year or so it goes out--papers you stop & look at everything & debate reasons to keep or throw out. But, yes it does feel good to do.

Diane said...

I can empathize with you. I moved cross country last year from a house to a roomate situation. So much stuff had to go. It is impossible to read everything before you make a decision on whether it stays or goes. i had to be ruthless.

Good luck

Absolute nonsense blog said...

I loved this post since I'm a clutter collector too, I keep articles, lolly sticks, lids etc. I never know when I might need them for the kid's school projects etc. The problem is that my children are all grown up now and now I need to kick this habit and start throwing away. Love your photos as well, keep up the great work.

Vanessa Bentley

http://vanessabentley.blogspot.com