Thursday, March 3, 2011

Ice, Ice, Baby!

Decided to go to Waterbury yesterday to run errands and get gas.  The price of gasoline has soared here in CT--it's about $3.50-$3.60 a gallon( our gas tax is high), but Stop & Shop grocery store has gas rewards points--you get some for every $$ you spend.  The closest S & S with a gas station is in waterbury...so I went there & only paid $2.80!  On the way I pass quite a few rock formations that had ice flowing out of them.
Only about 1/2 the photos I took are any good--got quite a few of the inside of my car!  Just tried to hold the camera up without looking in the view finder & hoping it would get something!
These are all on the highway in the area where Sandia lives!  There had to have been alot of blasting done to get through the rocks to build these roads...
Because of all the snow still on the roads, there's nowhere to pull over to take photos.  We still have some
6 + foot high snow banks...May have snow until June at this rate!

5 comments:

Ululare said...

Why is the ice so blue? And I thought the closest was Winsted!

Ann said...

That's what glaciers look like, too Candace! These are in Thomaston & Watertown.

Life's a Beach! said...

Brrrrrrrrr. When I'm bitching about the 120 degree temps in July, remind me that I missed this!

jackie said...

Just looking at these photos make me cold!

Anonymous said...

WOW!!! That's a LOT of ice!!!

Linda
Isla Chica