Friday, April 16, 2010

Out of My Comfort Zone

As you all know I love photography and posting pictures that I take to my blog. Well, I finally decided to push myself a little and post & enter some contests. I had opened an acct. at Flickr a few years ago & had never done much with it, so I started there. Pioneer Woman posts assignments on her blog-latest one was macro photos, so I posted a few to that group. ( Amazing photos posted to her group on Flickr--gave me some great ideas!)

Then Kimberley Gauthier started a group of Flower photos daily by color & I'm going to try & post to that as often as possible--I do have lots of flower photos! The toughest thing is looking thru them on the computer--I think it will push me to reorganize my external hard drive folders!

4 comments:

Sue said...

Great photos, Ann, really wonderful - good luck in the contest. And I know what you mean about trying to sort through pictures on the computer - easiest if you start new folders and move them into there as you sort, I think. (I have the very same problem, and complicated more by having them on backup drives as well where I need to decide which ones I want to have on my current system for easy access).

Jackie said...

Very nice photos. I love the details.

Kimberly said...

I'm so happy that you joined my group! What I did to keep my flowers organized was to create a set in Flickr by color - I actually use it for all my photos now. And then I created a category called Colors that all of these sets are in...

I just figured this out a week ago, because I was having trouble keeping my pics straight!

Love your photography!!! And thanks for the shout out!!!

Anonymous said...

I love your closeup insect & flower photos!!!

Linda
Isla Chica