Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Opening day is coming!

Opening day of fishing season is in a little over a week & we haven't gotten our licenses yet. The State of Connecticut, in its infinite wisdom, has doubled the cost of every fishing & hunting license( and camping fees & many other things!)! Obviously it's to raise money, but I think many folks just won't get them instead! Alan gets a combo license that went from $28.00 to $56.00. From left to right--my dad, my sister and me! Fishing in a pond at Brewster State Park on Cape Cod--1954.
Trudging back to our campsite with an empty pole!

4 comments:

Vee said...

Makes me want to whistle the Andy Griffith theme, Ann, lol.

Ann said...

That's funny, but true!

Doug (aka Doogan) said...

I thought Ontario was the place to stick the fishing pole all in the name of taxes. The states are doing a good job also.
Texas wanted 15 bucks for a 1 day licence or $67 for a 6 month. No in-between rates for a short vacation fishing trip.

Anonymous said...

HAHA.. Andy griffith theme song HA.
Now thats funny !!! hahaha
carl/debbie