Thursday, April 15, 2010

Laurel Ridge Farm Daffodils

I have started walking a few days a week with one of my friends. We usually walk at the fairgrounds, but have decided that once a week we would find somewhere else in the area to go. We started yesterday by going to Northfield, CT. to the Laurel Ridge Farm--they raise grass fed beef and have taken a few acres of the farm & planted thousands of daffodils. I have seen photos of it, but had never been before ( it's only 20 minutes from my house)
I drove over there last year, but the flowers hadn't bloomed yet & I never made it back--after going yesterday, I know I will make it back in the future.

The farm is locally famous; between end of March and early May, people park along the side of the (rural) road and walk among the daffodils. The hills end at a lake or pond that has a small island in the middle; island also is full of daffodils.








The island





closeup of the island & its flowers



































6 comments:

Sandia said...

That is about 3 miles from our house! Ever since we were little kids, my parents would bring us there.....I always thought it would make a great background for a wedding day...great pics- I drove by there a few days ago.....I love New England [except for the CT taxes and winter-LOL].....Sandia

Vee said...

I love it! If I'm ever in your area this time of year, I will check it out. Thanks for all of your glorious spring photos, Ann. I am enjoying every post! Nothing better than watching the earth come alive after such a cold winter and wet spring.

Isla Deb said...

Great photos as usual, Ann! We're actually having a LOT of rain down here in Texas for a change, so maybe we won't have such a brown summer.

Life's a Beach! said...

Gorgeous photos Ann! I miss daffodils!

Kimberly said...

I have lots of places that are within a short drive that I haven't been too. This year I vow to visit them.

We have daffodil fields here and they're amazing to see. Just a sea of yellow.

Ann said...

Thanks to all of you for commenting!
Kim--I hope to do the same. Litchfield County has many intersting places.