Monday, July 27, 2009

Blueberry pickin'

Over the weekend I went blueberry picking in Glastonbury CT with one of my friends. She lives close by & goes fairly often. This photo only shows a small portion of the farm. They have blueberries, raspberries & apples--probably other fruits, too but that is what I saw. They take you out to the fields on a wagon type conveyance with seats on either side & drop you off at whatever field is being pick at the time. Then they show you down a row & tell you what bush to pick! I picked over 4 lbs off of one bush!
The clusters of berries looked like grapes! And many of the berries were at least quarter sized!

A look down one row-I only picked for about 1/2 hr & got 4 lbs. Jenny picked a little longer than I did & picked 7 lbs.!
I will be making at least one batch of blueberry jam tomorrow!






5 comments:

Bennie said...

Oh wow Blueberries... I bet the jam will be great.

Ann said...

Hope so! Probably will make 2 batches--one with lemon juice & one with lime.

Life's a Beach! said...

Wow! We had blueberry farms in the Northwest, but I never picked (except at the supermarket). One farm was down in a marshy area by a popular walking park. My friend and I walked early in the morning and used to see people sneaking in and out with their little buckets.

Ann said...

Got the jam made this afternoon before the thunderstorms started AGAIN!

Bennie said...

You will have to tell me how the ones with lime turn out. I bet you won't even know the difference.