Thursday, June 4, 2009

Trader Joe's and Elizabeth Park!

I haven't been more than 20 miles away from home in a month or so! Going to the "big city" on Sat--to West Hartford; to visit a friend & to go to Trader Joe's & Elizabeth Park to see the roses. Both are about 45min. to an hour away from here.

Rose weekend isn't for a few weeks but I'm sure there will be lots blooming now.
Love going to Trader Joe's, too. I try & keep some of their frozen desserts on hand; will stock up on Tuscan bread; their marsala sauce is delicious;the dark chocolate is yummy......guess I better start making my list!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Sue said...

I'm thinking you need to go a little more than 20 miles from home and come to the Niagara Falls area to visit the School of Horticulture rose garden. And then to the Butterfly Conservatory. I would love to see your photos.

Jackie said...

Trader Joe’s is like crack. TJs is an addicting shopping experience. Just before Christmas a new TJs opened a couple of miles from my house. I try to limit my visits as I never can leave with just a few things. For a single person who works long hours I must say that they have some really great frozen meals. I also buy many different types of cheese and salamis. They have a really good selection of decent but inexpensive wines. I am on their mailing list and love reading about all of the new items and specials they run.
Great rose photos. That said from someone from the “Rose City” with the annual Rose Festival underway right now.

Ann said...

Thanks, Sue & Jackie!
Jackie--I love to keep a few frozen meals from TJ's, too. None of the stores around here sell wines--closest one is in Greater Boston! Elizabeth Park is the oldest rose garden in the country & has about 800 varieties of roses.

Sue--would love to go to those places--will add them to my list of places to see!