Friday, April 8, 2011

Rafe, Our Wonderful Lab! post #2

I know this is another post about the dog--I found this photo from when we first brought him home--he's so tiny--now over 100 lbs!
Today is our lab, Rafe's 9th birthday!  It took alot to get him to this birthday, starting at 6 months old when he ate rocks too big to pass thru his intestines and had to have surgery ( twice) to remove them!  Then he wore a muzzle for almost a year !  Luckily as he grew his intestines did to!
Now up to his 9th year, we found out he is diabetic & now gets insulin shots twice a day...But we wouldn't trade him for anything!  Happy Birthday !

2 comments:

Kimberly Gauthier, Dog Nutrition Blogger for Keep the Tail Wagging said...

Happy Birthday.

I miss my puppies and it's been less than a year.

They're great dogs though.

Ann said...

I would love if they could stay small--Rafe still thinks he's a lap dog sometimes but I tell him that's not happening anymore though!