Friday, November 12, 2010

Trip to Vasilow's

My friend Deb & I decided to take a drive   to Vasilow's Confectionery.  It's a little over an hour from where I live in CT--over in Hudson, NY.  I don't think I've driven around in the area at all.  I have a few photos of a farm for another day.  I had posted on Facebook that I was heading that way & Kate was nice enough to let me know that they were temporarily out of pepitas! 
 We decided to go anyway & had a great time meeting & talking to Kate--Jim wasn't in ---now we have planned another trip back in early December.
 Lots of luscious choices.  We both bought a variety of things--Wayne, I bought a box of assorted truffles--yum!
 Here's the display for the pepitas-
 And the empty basket!
 Chocolate covered pieces of ginger--delicious!  This was one of the first things I tried once I got home; other delights you can see in the photo.
 Chocolate dipped apricots.......
 Love this sign!  Look closely & you'll see me reflected in the mirror on the wall ....
We've already planned a trip in a few weeks & I really want to go back to the area in the spring--lots of things to do & places to see!

3 comments:

Life's a Beach! said...

What a fun trip! And I definitely don't have strength as it is defined there! Great photos!

Laura said...

That's what I call a good road trip...straight to the candy store!

Ann said...

Thanks!
We had a fun day! We introduced Deb & Lou to Isla in Jan this year & they are hooked too! ( they won 3 nights in Ixchel 709 & are using it in Jan.) I think we'll be back to Vasilows within a few weeks!