Thursday, November 11, 2010

Happy Veteran's Day!

Found a treasure trove of old photos....I have most of my parents old photo albums--don't think I had ever looked through all of them!  This is one of my Mom & her life- long friend, Dorothy.  They were from the same town & were roommates while they lived in Washington, DC during WWII.  After they both married & had families ( lived on opposite coasts from each other), but still managed to stay in touch to this day--60 + years later!
 Found a whole album of dad's phots I hadn't ever looked through--he's the one on the right --the other guy's name is Moe--I think these were taken in TX.
 My Dad was stationed in TX & Vallejo, CA before going over to Europe.  When he came back he was in NC for awhile--was stationed there when he & my Mom were married in 1944.
 He's on the left in this one. 
And I say "Thank you" to all who have or are now serving in the Armed Forces!

No comments: