Friday, November 5, 2010

Moongates Near & Far

A Moongate is an ancient Chinese design and came to Bermuda and the States as a result of the tea trade.  According to legend, if you make a wish as you pass through it you will be blessed with good fortune.  First one I saw was in Bermuda....



Then a few years later I went to Naumkeag  mansion ( they called it a "cottage") in Stockbridge, MA. 
 There was a Chinese temple along with a moongate there also. Anyone know of any near where you live? 

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Life's a Beach! said...

Very cool Ann! I have a photo of that same moongate at the Perfumery. I need to look for my old photo albums!

Andrea said...

Great minds think alike Becky. I dug out my photo album last night. Happy times, and I have a photo of my children at the same moongate. Thanks for reminding me Ann!

Ann said...

That's great!