Tuesday, June 29, 2010

On Cape Cod

I've never seen so many beautiful hydrangeas--don't usually come to the cape in the summer--used to when I was growing up. The economy has hit here, too--lots of vacancy signs--pretty unusual for the week before the 4th! Am up here to help my Aunt with some things, but I convinced one of my friends to come along for some company. She goes out on her own while I'm at my Aunts & then we meet up for dinner. Went to Cuffy's--if you want a tshirt or sweatshirt that says Cape Cod this is the place to go.

Then on to look for dinner. Found this place--Marathon Restaurant--both wanted seafood--I had swordfish ( Alan is allergic, so I don't have very often) & Ginny had fried shrimp.

On the way back to the motel we stopped at the Creamery for dessert....I had Allen harbor Almond Joy( I see I chopped off the word coconut in the photo)--Yummy!





3 comments:

Moongrl722 said...

Oh, wow! Those hydrangea are gorgeous! And how on earth do you choose off that menu? I'll have one bite of each, please. :)

Vee said...

Ann, I usually view your blog in Google Reader, but today I'm on your actual site. Love the redesign! Hope you enjoy the rest of your visit to Cape Cod. Beautiful hydrangeas!

Ann said...

Jana--luckily there was a line to wait in for the ice cream so I could take my time deciding--the next night I had pomegranet currant gelato!
Thanks, Vee--I saw this design & I thought it was perfect for me!