Sunday, January 23, 2011

On Isla Mujeres--a fun night and the promise of a great day!

Some friends won the La Gloria nglish School raffle last year --their prize was a 3 night stay at Ixchel 709--and we went over on their last night.  It was a gathering of old friends that  see each other on Isla and back in the states.
 I was up today at my usual time --about 6 ish & went out shelling  & looking for seaglass--didn't find very much--Becky must have been out before me!  But the sunrise was beautiful!

 Saw the La Tigrena statue with the sun shining through it--thought it was a good shot.
Probably won't blog every day, but will keep up!

4 comments:

Ululare said...

Soooo pretty. I wish I was there instead of in New Haven!

Life's a Beach! said...

Gorgeous photos Ann! I was up with the sunrise too! I switched locations and I'm out on the airport strip, so I was seaglass hunting here. Hope to catch you in town! Craig leaves tomorrow, so I'll probably head in town to the beach. He hates lying at the beach, so I haven't been to Playa Norte yet!

Nancy said...

Beautiful photos. I love the one with the statue. Very creative :-)

Jana said...

Sounds like you're off to a great start! I love the pic of the statue with the sunrise. Gorgeous!!