Thursday, January 13, 2011

Stuck in the Snow!

I started out this morning to run errands that I hadn't gotten to do in the last few days--due to the snowstorm & the dogs diabetic episode on Tues.   looking down the driveway......
Alan's tractor--it gets moved out of the barn so Alan can put his truck inside when it's going to snow.  makes it easier for the guy to come & plow the driveway--it's 800 feet long!


As you all know, I live out in the country, in the wide ( wild) open spaces--lots of it (open space) where the snow can blow around like crazy.  I saw an accident on Sunday in this spot--the snow had filled in the street & some folks had hit each other.  Not too surprising.
These next 2 photos are on the street I live on, not 1/4 mile from my driveway, right by the field where the bison are.  Well, I ran lots of errands and about 2 hours I was on my way home.  I've never had trouble with the drifting snow in the 25 years I've lived out here.  But of course today I got stuck!  ( I should tell you I drive a Subaru Forester & it very good in the snow--this was just too deep.)
I didn't take any pictures after I got stuck--these were on my way out this morning---I got out of my car & went to the closest house--noone was home , but there was a shovel outside so I took it & started to clear the snow away from my tires.  Luckily a guy came up the street in the other direction shortly after I started & helped me free my car.  Strangest thing was--we live on a street with maybe 12 houses--not a through street ( unless you're going to Mohawk State Forest) and 3 more cars came up behind me while I was digging out my car!

4 comments:

Kimberly Gauthier, Dog Nutrition Blogger for Keep the Tail Wagging said...

Sorry you got stuck; cool that you got unstuck. These are gorgeous pictures. I love that you live so far out. I'm closer to the city with the illusion of being far out. Of course, my friends who live closer to Seattle think I live in the sticks. LOL

Have a fab day!!!

Ann said...

Thanks, Kimberly! It was quite an adjustment for me to move here. Hadlived most of my life within 20 miles of a large city ( Boston, Hartford). was used to being able to walk many places--not any more. we have 2 restaurants, 2 banks, liquor store--no gas station or grocery( not even a convenience store!)

Life's a Beach! said...

Subaru's are great for getting up hills, so it must be bad! We had a few times in Seattle when we put chains on my Subaru Outback to get around. Gorgeous photos of the snow! Pretty to look at, but I'm cold enough here in Arizona!

Ululare said...

I tried to go for a walk today, but I didn't get very far when the plowed part of the road ended. I wish I had a Subaru! I haven't even tried to drive my car around yet, but, ah well.