Saturday, July 17, 2010

Highly Anticipated

I planted this echinacea in spring 2009 and when it started growing someone told me (someone that knew about plants) that I should pick off all the flowers before they bloomed--that way the plant would put all its energy into getting bigger rather than into the flowers. So I did! And I'm being rewarded this year with quite a few flowers on the plant!
Don't you just love the color? it's called "Tomato Soup"





I will be incommunicado for a few days--going to my Mom's to move her & I'm not taking my computer!


5 comments:

Jackie said...

I never knew that echinacea had such beautiful flowers. Are you growing it for medical purposes?

Life's a Beach! said...

Gorgeous Ann! Hope you have a nice visit with your mother.

Moongrl722 said...

Your flower pics are beautiful. I always think they should be framed on a gallery wall or in a calendar!

Kimberly said...

I had no idea what echinacea looked like in the garden. Thanks for sharing. I think I'll plant some next year.

Anonymous said...

Love those colors!!!

Linda
Isla Chica