Wednesday, July 7, 2010

A Few New Blooms

A couple of days have flown by.....and this is a short week anyway! Walked around outside & saw these new flowers----Tiger lilies..... Such a beautiful pale yellow color. Alot of the lilies I had grwoing were eaten by the red lily beetle & I had to cut down the stalks; luckily they didn't get themall!
Noticed this rose on an established bush today with a few more buds coming along.


Astilbe



The rose again. It has been so hot here in NE & we haven't had any rain for awhile--quite different than last year! I usually don't water my gardens, but I've been out by 6 am the last few days to water the roses, tomatoes, peppers & squash....they'd be dying on the vines otherwise!



Matt's Wild Cherry tomatoes....lots of tiny clusters!




And the 1st one to start ripening--it's a Bloody Butcher tomato.










3 comments:

Isla Deb said...

Wonderful pics, Ann. You have an incredible garden!

Kimberly said...

Don't you just love having a garden that blooms / grows all summer. I was just out in our yard and I couldn't stop smiling.

Vee said...

I love astilbe! Wonderful photos, Ann.