Sunday, May 16, 2010

Vintage Vinyl

I know I am really datng myself, but I started thinking about this album--Rolling Stones--Exile On Main St.-- when I heard that they were re-releasing it on May 18th. I went looking through my stockpile & sure enough--I have it! The original, that is! Still have most of the albums that I bought--this is from 1972- It's still in pretty good condition--the inner sleeves are intact & there a set of postcards that came with it, too!
A few months ago I played this one--Get Yer Ya-Ya's Out-- released in 1970--and it sounded great! Two years ago for Christmas I got a turntable that you can hook up to your computer; play an album & download it to the computer & make a CD or add to your IPOD. have done a few albums--lots more to go! Now a sampling of the other Stones vinyl I have......

Another Stones album--Black & Blue ( 1976)



High Tide & Green Grass--their 1st greatest hits album ( 1966)




Through the Past Darkly ( released Sept. 1969--soon after Woodstock!) Another greatest hits album--memorable songs on it like Jumpin' Jack Flash & Honky Tonk Women....I have several more Stones albums--never realized how hard it would be to take pictures of album covers ( I know I could have searched the internet for them but wanted to show the originals) I have over 100 old vinyl from Stevie Wonder & Marvin Gaye to Melanie & Ricky Nelson, and the very 1st album I ever bought.......



Yes, Frankie Avalon, A Whole Lotta Frankie, purchased in 1958! Before many of my readers were born! ( I was 10!)











2 comments:

Vee said...

I once owned most of the Stones catalog on vinyl and still have a few. Between the Buttons was one of my favorite of the band's early recordings. I kept a couple hundred LPs, and we still have a turntable hooked up, which we use sometimes.

IslaZina said...

Rolling Stones and Frankie Avalon! Wow, you have range!