Friday, May 14, 2010

Planting This Weekend.....

It finally looks like we'll have a few nice sunny days in a row! So I've been saving some plants in our solar room in anticipation! When my Mom was here we went to a nearby nursery to walk around, but I couldn't leave without a few of these zinnias...love the unusual colors! The one above is called Swizzle Cherry & Ivory.
And this one is called Starlight Rose. Haven't decided where they are going to go, but I have about 12 half whiskey barrels & a planter around the mailbox to fill!

Picked up some Wave petunias today for the planters outside the dog's pen. Liked the mix of colors --I guess I'm doing mostly purples so far this year!








And last, but not least, 2 climbing rose bushes I bought probably 2 months ago--have been moving them in & out depending on the weather--love having the sun room! I'm hoping they will climb the bare concrete wall we have on the patio.









Happy planting!





6 comments:

Life's a Beach! said...

Beautiful photos Ann! I need to buy some vinca and get it planted before the temps stay over 100. Vinca's one of the only reliable annuals that thrive in the extreme heat here.

Kimberly said...

Have fun gardening!!! I'm going to Plant Farm tomorrow to get my $25 gift certificate. I know exactly what I want, but I don't know what it's called. I'll figure it out!!!

Sue said...

I miss spring gardening, the smell of the damp earth and the sweet spring flowers

Akshayxpear said...

naice...:) :)

check out my artworks at http://www.akshaychugh.blogspot.com

Vee said...

I love zinnias - I grow them from seeds. Those are unusual. Beautiful photos!

Doug (aka Doogan) said...

Zinnias are wonderful cut flowers. We always figure the 24th of May for safe planting around here. Although the weather is never predictable.
Happy planting, Jam Queen.