Saturday, May 22, 2010

Tomatoes,Tomatoes & more Tomatoes!

Went to Litchfield yesterday to White Flower Farm to their Tomatomania event--only one in the Northeast! They had over 100 varieties of tomatoes, plus vegetable plants and herbs. All the tomatoes are listed on their website, so I try & go there & make a list before going to the sale. My initial list had 15 or so kinds on it...I don't have the room for that many, so I tried cutting it down......maybe to 10...... All arranged alphabetically so easy to find if you have a list--I went one year without one--never again. I took photos of some of the kinds I bought--so I'll know what they should look like!
I think I ended up putting the Bloody Butcher back & getting 2 Matt's Wild Cherry to grow together.....


Thought this was an interesting type........I probably(hope to) will have so many there will be one left to can & freeze!



Hopefully no tomato blight like last summer! Now to get them planted today!






2 comments:

Moongrl722 said...

Those look fabulous. I hope they all grow well. Nothing like fresh tomatoes -- THE taste of summer. :)

Life's a Beach! said...

There's nothing like the taste of homegrown tomatoes! We tried three plants last year and all of them burned up in the Arizona summer temps. I give up. : (