Monday, May 18, 2009

Some sad news....

We had to put our beautiful cat, Bubble to sleep this morning, very unexpectedly. He took sick over the weekend & I took him to the vets first thing this morning.
I won't go into all the details except to say he had multiple clots around his heart & the vet said he was in bad shape. We've been going to the same vet for 25+ years & trust that when he said there was nothing we could do, he had tried whatever he could, but Bubs was too far gone.
I had had an appointment to take all the cats for their yearly checkup for this afternoon, so I will be taking the other 2 for the check up & bringing Bubble home to lovingly put him in our pet cemetery with the other cats & dogs that have graced our lives in the last 30 years. He was a part of our family for almost 13 years and was born on my birthday.....
I'm sure his brother ( from the same litter) will miss him a great deal, too!
Posted by Picasa

13 comments:

Bennie said...

I am so sorry to hear about Bubble. The pets are a part of the family and to loose one is very hard.

Ann said...

Thanks, Bennie. As I'm trying to type, one of my other cats is sitting in my lap, purring loudly!

Karen said...

Sorry to here that, your in our thoughts

Isla Deb said...

What sad news. But it's comforting to know that he lived a happy and safe life with you.

Life's a Beach! said...

Ann, I'm so sorry for you. Bubble was really a cute kitty. It's always heartbreaking to lose a pet.

Ann said...

Thnaks to all of you for your kind thoughts.

Vee said...

Oh, Ann, I'm so sorry. What a pretty boy he was!

JoAnne in CT said...

Ann, I am so very sorry. I know how very hard this is. What a beautiful fluff ball he was... time heals - cats leave pawprints on your heart forever.

Rest in peace, Bubbles - hope you meet up and hang out with Houston & Oiler at the rainbow bridge.

Sue said...

Ann, I'm so sorry. I know too well the pain of losing pets (have lost 3 in the last year - young ones). 13 is still a good age for a cat but I know you always want more. We are so lucky that we have vets who can help make sure our pets do not suffer needlessly. Just a little comfort there.

Ann said...

JoAnne & Sue--Thanks so much for your kind words. I know he's no longer in pain & in a better place, but it was so sudden--it will take awhile to get used to. His name & his brother are like one word to me so I'm still calling him when I call Squeak....

Anonymous said...

Very sorry to hear of the loss of Bubble. He sure was a pretty cat, and I'm sure made your life richer!

Moongrl722 said...

Ann, I'm so sorry to hear about Bubbles. He was such a beautiful cat and I know you are going to miss him. Big hugs from Texas - Jana

Islagringo said...

So sorry to hear about your beloved kitty. I love that you have a pet cemetary. We had one too and it was a very special place for us.