Monday, April 13, 2009

Soap Operas

I will admit it--I've been watching soap operas for at least 35 years. Sometimes more often than others and taping days when I'm not home to watch later in the day. Saw this comic strip ( For Better or for Worse ) and it struck a chord with me!http://www.fborfw.com/strip_fix/archives/2009_04.php
This is one day's strip of about 4 that concerns watching soaps.....
I started watching All My Children in the early 70's when I worked 3rd shift--I was home & had lunch with my Mom & watched..... Got into General Hospital at the time of the Luke & Laura hoopla......


Not sure when I started with One Life to Live, but it's on between the other two.......

About a month ago I made a conscious effort to only watch ( and tape)one of the 3--if I'm home--haven't had any withdrawal pains & have realized it frees up hours of time...that I spend on the computer! ( not really!) Will still watch once in awhile, but never like I used to!



2 comments:

Life's a Beach! said...

Ann, I used to be a regular viewer of Another World and Days of Our Lives up until the time my son went to school. It really helped pass all those pre-school hours. I gradually stopped watching. I had male English professors in college who were absolutely hooked on the soaps! That was before the VCR, so they'd plan their class schedule around their favorites. HA!

Vee said...

All My Children and The Young and the Restless here, for a few years during the 1970s.