Sunday, April 26, 2009

Everbody seems to be gardening these days....

I went to White Flower Farm yesterday to get a few plants & drool over lots more. This is a begonia in one of the greenhouses.
Happened upon a few bees around one of the plants--this is the only photo that came out half way decent. more beautiful flowers...I have lilies & roses from here that are beautiful and this trip I picked up some shasta daisies and several echinacea, including one new variety called Tomato Soup. It looks like an interesting color!


One of their daffodil borders. I will be going back--they have beautiful plants to purchase & gardens to walk around. In May they are having a weekend called Tomatomania where they have 145 varieties of tomatoes for sale--I've been in the past & have gotten some interesting kinds.





4 comments:

Isla Deb said...

Tell me about it! It seems like everyone was working in their yard this weekend! I would love to see the Tomatomania. I'm trusting you will be there to take some pics.

Life's a Beach! said...

Ann, your flowers are beautiful! We don't see many bulbs down here. Speaking of Tomato Soup, we were going to try growing tomatoes down here this year. I have the perfect container for a plant. Maybe I'll have time at the end of the week when this project ends to get busy!

Bennie said...

So does this mean you finally made it to spring up there in New England?

Those flowers are just beautiful.

Ann said...

Deb--I'm going & will take photos!

Beck--good luck with the tomatoes--I would think you would have ideal conditions to grow them--just make sure they get watered!

Bennie--Finally! It was between 85-90 over the weekend! But this week it will be back to the 60's....