Thursday, December 4, 2008

Poitou Donkeys

Poitou ( pronounced pwa-too ) donkeys were near extinction in the mid 70's , but efforts were made to save the breed. I couldn't find the photos that I have of the donkey from here in town. I took my camera with me when I went out the past few days and of course, none of them were out where I could see them. So I went to the trusty internet to find a few photos.


I know you can't really tell in these photos, but they have big beautiful doe eyes--very expressive! I guess one reason I like them is that they are different.






2 comments:

Isla Deb said...

Wow...they're shaggy things, aren't they? I like the little guy in the first photo...looks like they're really cute when they're babies. Thanks...I learned something new today!

Vee said...

I've never heard of them either. They're cute! Thanks, Ann.