Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Vasilow's

Yesterday my friend Deb & I made another trip to Vasilow's--it's about a 1 hour drive from my house & we didn't stop talking the whole way!Our husbands have been friends since childhood--we met at my wedding & then were out of  touch for 20 years....but picked back up 2 years ago like it had been a week!  We drove down the main drag to the Hudson River--there's a lighthouse there I wanted to see.  Then back down Columbia St to Vasilow's
 All decorated for the holidays!
The smells when you open the door are intoxicating!  Our 1st item was pepitas...between us we bought all that were on display.  Both of us started piles on the counter.....
 Yummy looking gingerbread men...
Jim was in back making something sweet when we arrived, but came out shortly after & had his camera & snuck a photo of me--that doesn't happen often!


A few of the goodiies to choose from!  We had a great time talking about Isla & our experiences there.  And Deb & I told them we'd be back in the spring when we could walk around & explore a little more!
I've been good & only had a chocolate dipped coconut pattie so far!

1 comment:

jeanie said...

I'm drooling all over my keyboard!