Thursday, December 16, 2010

Raspberry Thumbprint cookies

For the 1st time in 37 years I am not working in a retail store at Christmas time, so I've been staying inside & baking!  I think I have 4 or 5 full containers of different cookies in the freezer & refrigerator.....taking a lot to my family Christmas celebration this weekend.
have been trying out a little shortcut--making cookies starting with a bag of Betty Crocker cookie mix
cookie recipes
I made the Raspberry Thumbprint cookies a few days ago.  Also have tried the Red Velvet cookies--both have turned out very good! I should have made the indentations in these a little bigger--doesn't matter --they taste great!
I used my own homemade raspberry jam in them.....supposed to use seedless, but I don't strain out the seeds
The finished product!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Life's a Beach! said...

Ann, those look wonderful! I was just thinking today that maybe I should bake some Christmas sweets to try and get in the Christmas spirit. But then I remembered I eat everything I bake and decided I can't this year. I'd like to reach through the computer screen and grab one of those!

Ann said...

Thanks, Becky--it's been hard not to eat too many as I'm making them--gotta see how they turn out, right? I've tried to put them in the freezer quickly--out of sight, out of mind!